Yes, yesterday we worked out and so today we bake a cake. Balance – I’ve mentioned that quite a lot over the last few days.
Baking is one of my favorite ways of showing myself love. Not only do I get to enjoy it once it’s done but others do too and that fills my heart with happiness.
The beautiful part about baking a cake is all the elements, time and effort it takes to create one. Each ingredient is simple on its own but when combined magic happens.
This is much like self love, it requires many simple elements like staying hydrated, being kind, exercise and bubble baths but when combined, MAGIC!
Today’s cake is a super simple vanilla sponge which you can top with a butter icing or dust with icing sugar. It’s also delicious plain.
● 3/4 cup sugar
● 2 eggs
● 1 tsp vanilla
● 1/3 cup vegetable oil
● 1/2 cup milk
● 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
● 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
● 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
● Big bowl
● Measuring cups and spoons
● Whisk/Electric beater
● Cake tin
● Preheat oven to 180° C.
● Grease a round cake tin.
● Beat sugar, eggs, & vanilla with a whisk or electric beater for one minute to thicken.
● Now add in the vegtable oil, milk, flour, baking powder and salt and mix again until combined. Do not over mix.
● Pour into your prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
● Allow the cake to completely cool before removing from tin and icing.